Wi-Q is a cloud-based mobile ordering platform (Platform) that allows you to: (i) access a trader’s menu; (ii) order food and drinks; and (iii) pay for your order using a selection of payment methods, all using your mobile device, without the need to download an app.
This Privacy Notice explains how wi-Q collects and uses your personal data when you use our website (www.wi-q.com) (Website). It should be read alongside our cookies policy for our Website that can be found here.
Updated: [October 2020]
- Who we are. We are the controller of your personal data. Our full name is wi-Q Limited (Company Number: 09209151).
- How to contact us. If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact us by email at [email protected]
- What data do we collect? We may collect or otherwise process your personal data in the following ways:
- when you provide your personal data using the Get In Touch form;
- when you contact us by other means, such as by email or telephone; and
- How will we use your data and the legal basis on which we rely
Any personal data that you give us may be retained by us to provide a requested service, for example, to contact you to arrange a demonstration of the Platform.
In general, our legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, although we would refrain from doing so if our legitimate interests were overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We have an interest in operating our business in the most customer-focused and professional way, and our processing of your personal data is done in accordance with this. Our database of personal details is used by us for the purposes of our business.
When you choose to Get In Touch with us, we will give you the opportunity to indicate whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you opt in and do not subsequently opt-out of such communications, we will use your information to let you know about [wi-Q to confirm any direct marketing activities], that may be or interest to you. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected].
- Disclosure of your information.
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located in the EEA. If wi-Q: enters into a joint venture with, purchases, is sold to, or merged with, another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- Data retention and storage. We will not retain your personal data for any longer than we have a legitimate interest to do so. We will delete your personal data if we have not been in contact with you for over [three] years.
- What are your data protection rights? You have the general right to request from us:
- access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data (including to correct, update, amend, or delete your information);
- restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of your personal data; and
- the right to obtain your personal data in an accessible and transferable format so that you can re-use it for your own purposes across different service providers.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing [email protected].
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time (on legitimate grounds) to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You can change your marketing preferences and disable any non-essential cookies at any time emailing us at [email protected]
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk) about the manner in which we process your personal data.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may need to update this Privacy Notice to ensure that it remains up-to-date. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our services.
Please refer to the date at the top of the Privacy Notice to make sure that you are looking at the latest version.